Save the Date! August 2-3, 2022
Watch for details on the 2022 ND Out-of-School Time Conference to be announced throughout the 2021-22 school year! Interested in presenting or helping to plan the conference? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DESCRIPTION: The 2021 ND OST Conference will be fully virtual! High-quality keynote workshops and a variety of breakout sessions focusing on quality, student engagement, social-emotional learning, program & staff management, and more. Staff working in out-of-school time settings with school-age youth will have the knowledge, tools, and resources necessary to implement a new idea or learning framework immediately within their program after attending the virtual conference. Virtual conference platform will feature live content, video and resource library, and virtual forum to connect with presenters & other attendees.
8:15am – 2:30pm CT
8:15am – 12:00pm CT
12:00pm Team Time (Optional)
While the conference will be delivered fully virtual, we know time with your team is valuable and encourage you to meet with your team if able to do so safely. Resources to connect, collaborate, and plan together will be provided. Each attendee will need to join from an individual device.
DELIVERY: Virtual Conference Platform; link will be sent after registration.
Live sessions will be recorded and available after the conference. You must register to have access to the conference platform & session recordings. Note: Credit only available for attending live.
AUDIENCE: Afterschool Program Supervisors, Directors, and Staff
- Early Childhood/Afterschool Professionals: Approved for 9 hours through Growing Futures if all sessions attended
- Educators: Certificate of Attendance will be provided to those who attend all sessions live to use for 9 hours of Cafeteria Credit
- Jim Cain: Our Comeback will be Greater than our Setback
- Katherine Spinney: Good to Great – Take Your Afterschool Program to the Next Level
- Gina Warner, National Afterschool Association: Strengths, Tendencies & Types – 3 Tools to Help You Lead Your Team
- Leslie Frie & Nate Henrickson, TNT Kids Fitness: Proactive Approach to Supporting All Abilities
- Christy Wilkie, Dakota Family Services: The Face of Mental Health
- Emily Ong, Girls Who Code: Coding, Equity, and Distance Learning Made Simple with Girls Who Code
- Bridget Hamre, Teachstone: Teachers Matter! Making the Most out of Everyday Interactions with Children
- David McConnell, You for Youth: Civic Engagement & Learning & STEAM
- Julia Gabor, Kid Grit: Raise them Up! (SEL)
- Linda Schloer & Stacie Morowski, ND Department of Public Instruction: Meal Serivce Options for After School Programs
- Amy Riccio & Laura Sokolofsky, HOPE for Educators: The ABC’s of Trauma Informed Strategies
- Amy Frericks, SEEC: Students with Disabilities: Inclusion Strategies & Legal Responsibilities
- Cortney Shuley, NESC: STEM2D & Community Engagement
- Andy Krugly, Teachstone: CLASS: A K-3 Overview
- Joel Hektner, NDSU & Kristin Knorr, ND Afterschool Network: 21CCLC State Evaluation Results & Next Steps
- Jim Cain: Best Practices in Virtual Facilitation & Physical Distancing & Other Best Practices for Real-world In-person gatherings
- …and more!
June 29-30, 2021 | Virtual